What is the 2021 Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity?
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a best-seller with Bloomington drivers, but how much can it handle on the open roads ahead? The 2021 Chevy Silverado towing capacity reaches 13,300 pounds, and the Silverado 1500 payload is 2,280 pounds. Add in a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame and tons of towing features, and you’ve got one of the strongest light-duty pickup trucks around. Take a closer look under the hood and at the Silverado 1500 payload capacity and towing capability with Suburban Chevrolet, then check out our new Silverado 1500 inventory!
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
The Silverado 1500 payload and towing capacity starts with your choice of five different engines, each offering a unique blend of power and efficiency. Which configuration will you choose?
- 4.3L V6 Engine: The standard Silverado 1500, this V6 generates 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque with a towing capacity of 7,900 pounds.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: Next up, this engine delivers 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque with a higher 9,600-pounds Silverado 1500 towing capacity.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: This available V8 achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, while towing capacity leaps to 11,500 pounds. The configuration with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds instead.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: This large V8 engine generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, achieving the Chevy Silverado towing capacity maximum of 13,300 pounds on the RST trim.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: With the available diesel powertrain, you’ll be able to tow up to 9,500 pounds. You’ll also be able to pull out 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque on the roads near Minnetonka.
Silverado 1500 Towing Features
The Chevy Silverado towing capacity may be impressive, but you’ll appreciate all the built-in towing features for extra control and precision on the Minnetonka roads.
- Trailering Package: This standard package includes tons of helpful gear: trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This optional package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more for increased power on the Hopkins roads.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: This accessory acts like a second set of eyes on the go, so you can be sure that your vehicle and trailer are right where you want them.
Find Out More with Suburban Chevrolet
You’ve read about the Chevy Silverado 1500 payload and towing, but what else can you expect when you get behind the wheel when you compare the Chevy Silverado to the RAM 1500? Contact us at Suburban Chevrolet with any questions about the lineup, or visit our dealership in Eden Prairie. Prefer to shop online? Check out our Shop, Click, & Drive service to buy from home!
More from Suburban Chevrolet
Trading in a car is a great way to get two jobs done at once: It’s by far the fastest and easiest way to sell a car you’re no longer driving in Bloomington, plus it’s an easy way to obtain money for the down payment on your next vehicle. Not sure how to trade…
Looking for maximum towing power on Bloomington streets that can handle the Minnesota winter with safety and ease? Then take a look at the heavy-duty 2022 Chevy Silverado towing capacity. Topping out at 18,500 pounds when you choose the diesel engine option, the 2022 Chevy Silverado towing capacity is just what your jobsite needs,…
There’s a good reason that the Chevrolet Silverado is a mainstay of job sites and Bloomington roads alike, and that’s because this powerhouse has a rock-solid reputation for quality. So, just how much can a Chevy Silverado 1500 tow? When properly equipped, you can reach the full 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity maximumof…